Downtown Lakeland Banner Program PDF Version
To add to the vibrancy of Downtown Lakeland the LDDA is reinstituting its banner program. Organizations with Downtown events and other institutions celebrating milestone anniversaries 50 years or more are encouraged to participate.
The banner hardware locations have been predetermined by the City of Lakeland’s Parks and Recreation Department and are not subject to change. A map of the available banner locations will be available to the user before reservation. The LDDA will administer the program which involves the following: MASS AVE MAP OF LOCATIONS LEMON ST MAP OF LOCATIONS
- Advertise the program.
- Manage all questions and requests about the program.
- Manage all scheduling and reservations of banners.
- Maintain the master calendar of reservations throughout the year.
- Schedule installations/repair/replacements/removals.
- Charge and collect all fees from users.
- Provide maintenance and replacement of hardware as needed.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Who can participate in banner program?
- Downtown events open to the public. The LDDA boundary is used to define Downtown.
- Lakeland-based institutions celebrating milestone anniversaries 50 years or more.
- No weddings or reunions, no private events, no advertising of businesses or services.
What is the duration allowed for each rental?
It will vary depending on the number or banners requested and the needs of the user. The maximum time allowed will be 6 months. Additional time may be added to the end of a user’s 6 month period if all of the following criteria are met:
- The extension is desired by the user
- Another reservation does not immediately follow the user’s 6 month period
- Banners are in good condition – not ripped, faded or otherwise in disrepair
- Approved by the LDDA
- Banner message is still relevant
- Banners must meet proper size requirements of the hardware. LINK TO BANNER SPECS
- Banners can not contain business logos. Logos must be specifically designed for the event or milestone being celebrated.
- Banner design must be approved by the LDDA prior to fabrication.
- User pays for the design and fabrication of the banner.
- User pays for the initial hanging of and final take down of its banners.
- Banners damage by weather or vandals must be removed or replaced at user’s expense.
- Expect some banners to be stolen. Replacement of those banners is at user’s expense.
- Any damaged hardware during user’s rental must be replaced at user’s expense.
- $250 in 10 pole increments.
- Price includes labor and materials (zip ties) for initial hanging and final take-down.
- Additional cost of $30 per banner if/when banners must be rehung due to theft or damage.