Beginning May 4, 2015 you will now be able to park for more than 2 hours on the street, but only the first 2 hours are free. To extend your parking session beyond the free 2hours, just engage your account at parkmobile.com via the app or toll free phone number.
Parking is FREE after 5pm and all weekend long, including city owned permit spaces and metered lots.
2 HOUR FREE ON-STREET PARKING!
- On-street parking: free every day. The FREE 2-hour limit applies weekdays between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. To add additional time, engage parkmobile.
- Main Street Garage: free after 5 p.m. and on weekends for Main Street and Cedar Street entrances.
- Most of the permitted parking lots in public areas are unused at night, which provides even more free, convenient parking after 5 p.m.
- Munn Park parking lot is free after 5 p.m. and on weekends.
METERED PARKING: (Parkmobile also available in metered lots and garages)
- Main Street Garage (Cedar St. entrance) is metered parking at $1.00 per hour weekdays, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., and free after 5 p.m. and on weekends.
- Bay Street Parking Lot is metered at $1.00¢ per hour weekdays, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and free after 5 p.m. and on weekends.
- Munn Park and Lot D (north of Mitchell’s Coffee House) are metered at $1 per hour weekdays, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and free after 5 p.m. and on weekends. The solar powered space meters accept change, cash and credit/debit cards.
A few businesses downtown have private parking lots, and you will be towed if you park in their lots. These include, but are not limited to, Heritage Plaza (on Orange between Tennessee and Kentucky), The Terrace Hotel, and FedEx. Please respect the signs posted in private lots. We don’t want you to be towed!
For parking tips, call us any time! We’ll be happy to help you.
With 2,850 city sponsored parking spaces, there is ample parking in Downtown Lakeland!